Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What Would You Do?


Another Wal-Mart story. Just for the record, I bought only what I needed and stayed within my $$ limit for once. Here's what happened, though. I went in with two intentions - get only what I needed and remember to have the cashier price match Kroger's 2 for $5 price on the milk. So, shop, check out, and make a dash through the drizzle (fog?rain? Ohio weather, who knows?) into the car. Get in and grab the receipt to look it over quickly before heading over to get gas. I usually look over the receipt before I get out the doors, but today it happened in the car. As I'm looking it over, so very pleased with myself for doing so well with staying in budget, I notice that (1)- I forgot to have them price match the milk, and (2) - I paid $.o9 for a 10 pound bag of potatoes. According to the receipt, I saved $3.38. W-T-H???

Big sigh. Is it worth it to go back in? Yes, I want the price match on the milk, but hey, the "savings" on the potates more than covers the difference on the milk. Do I really need to take the potatoes back and pay the right price? It's not like I walked out of the store without paying for them. That would be a no brainer - take 'em back and pay. I paid what it scanned for, and it's certainly not my fault the bag wasn't priced correctly. Little Voice says TAKE THEM IN! YOU KNOW YOU SHOULD! Why is it that it seems like the Little Voice whispers at other times, but screams in situations like this?

What would you do?

GRRR. Fine, I'll run potatoes and milk back in. Come on, Micah, let's get a little wet again. Two minutes later I'm at the service desk being told this was obviously not the right price, but they can't change it. The produce guy needs to go reprice all the potates, so I get the potates for less than a dime! The milk? To heck with messing with that! I think the potatoes more than covered the difference in the price of milk, thanks anyway.

Blessings? Yes, little blessings.

1 comments:

Audrey said...

That is AWESOME!! I sure hope they were Idaho potatoes!

farewell

Until next time, friends!
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou