Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Big Five-O!


Can you believe it? Lance turned 50 on the 19th of May! He's officially over the hill, and heading down the other side. He's doing it in fine form though. Here are a few pictures to enjoy...

age 2


With best friend, Paul Hatchett. Nothing like a 'do and duds to age a guy!


80's Stylin'



Hmm. The rest of us change hair do's. Lance changes facial do's.




Putting out the bonfire on the cake (50 candles! We discovered we need to replace our smoke dectors after he finally got it out. Plenty of smoke but no alarm.)
With the help of my sister Laura , her husband Mike, and my friends, Cassie and Sandy, I was able to pull off a surprise party for him. His response as he walked in the door to a crowd yelling " Happy Birthday!" was - "Well it took her long enough. I didn't think she could do it." (He managed to pull one on me a few years back. Another story for another time) We had a few friends over and had Lance's favorite meal - fried chicken, mashed potatoes w/gravy, peas and carrots, biscuits, and strawberry shortcake. He thoroughly enjoyed it, which is a good thing, 'cause I'm not sure it'll ever happen again! Maybe if he makes it another 50 years.
My thanks to all who came and helped us celebrate, and especially to those of you who helped me get it together. Happy Birthday, Lance!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday Lance! That flame on your cake was amazing!!! I'm glad Becky still has eyebrows after carrying it over to the table. LOL

Cassie said...

I forgot to add how dapper you look in your photos! From head to toe, you had it going on.

Audrey said...

WOW Lance, is that picture of you in the long beard your real hair?? I am impressed!
Cassie told me that it was a GREAT time!
Happy Birthday and Good on ya Becky for totally surprising him!
P.S. I think your boys look JUST like their dad in that first picture!!

farewell

Until next time, friends!
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou