Saturday, April 12, 2008

SOMETIMES I REALLY AMAZE MYSELF!!

Not often, mind you. However, today I finished the Commit to Be Fit 5K in Columbus, Ohio. The part that amazes me is not that I finished the race ( I walked it! How hard was that? Thanks to the chilly weather, I barely broke a sweat), but that I actually finished something I started. I signed up for this way back in October. Since then, I've had plenty of conversations with myself about why even bother. My original goal was to run (ahem, jog) the whole thing. Thanks to my own stupidity, though, the training for running never even got started. Tendonitis in both knees. Can you say PAIN ?!? Needless to say, it wasn't going to happen. None the less, I did go through with the race. Thank you, Lance and Micah, for cheering me on! What did I get out of it? Well, other than slightly sore feet, and a medal to hang around my neck, I found someone new I like - ME! Amazing!!
Next year, I am going to run it. And...Lance is going to join me! Heard and witnessed. Oh, the penguin? Go to www.johnbinghamracing.com , and you'll get the scoop. Waddle on!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

YAHOO!! That is AWESOME! Run, walk, or crawl... you still did it and that is more than most peeps can say!
Next time I do come to Ohio (who knows when that will be) I am totally going to set up shop! You can be first on my list!
:)
oh and thanks for the advice... I will let ya know what happens.

Cassie said...

Congrats for Becky! You've always been, and will always be, my hero!

Bobbi said...

Good for you! I am proud of anyone who signs up for a race. Maybe you will inspire me to do one someday??

farewell

Until next time, friends!
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou