Sunday, February 8, 2009

Busted. Period.



This will have you grinning, if not laughing. Now that's a week has pasted since our latest episode of "Life with Teenager and Preschooler", I can think about it without wanting to wack someone upside the head.

Last Saturday, Lance and I spent the afternoon in Columbus at the temple and then he took me to Red Lobster for dinner. (BTW, if you haven't gone there and tried the new firegrilled menu, you must. Mouthwatering.) So, after we got home, I took Chris to meet some friends at the movie. On the way there, Lance calls my cell. Christopher answers, listens, hangs up and says, "Maybe I shouldn't be going to the movies", so we head home.

After Christopher and I left, Lance asked Micah if he wanted to watch a new movie we got from Netflicks.

His answer: "Sure, but I already watched that with Chris and Becca, but Chris told me not to tell"

Oh. Really.

As you may have already guessed, Becca would be the girlfriend, WHO. IS. NOT. ALLOWED. OVER. WHEN. WE. ARE. NOT. HOME. (Okay, I take it back. I do still want to wack him upside the head.)

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?

Moral of the moment? One - Never break the house rules. Two - If you feel you MUST break the house rules, don't tell the 4 year old brother not to tell. 4 year olds don't know how to keep secrets!

PS to all the teenagers of the world - we, your parents, were teenagers long before you were. Do the words "Been There, Done That" have any meaning to you?

6 comments:

Ira and Heather said...

Dang!!! Tell Chris we hope he learned his lesson. That is one slap in the face for him. Good story though. Sorry that it happened to you.
Ira says that if he wants more ways to get himself in trouble Ira has learned them all and he will share. Or he can learn the easy way and not ever try again. Good luck with the teenager. Lots to look forward to it seems.

Cassie said...

Ooops!
So many comments come to mind....I'll stick with oops for now.

Cassie said...

BTW - loved the pic!

Miller Family said...

Been there, Done that! Hope he learned. Sorry 'bout your struggles. It stinks I'm sure!

Millie and Me said...

I'm sorry, that is sooo funny. I guess we all make mistakes, hopefully learned from as well.

Valerie said...

Oh, no. My oldest just turned 13 and I am scared of this teenage stuff.

Nice blog from a stranger who popped by for a visit

farewell

Until next time, friends!
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou